STILLWATER, OK – November 16, 2020 – Christmas is fast approaching! The Red Kettle Campaign is The Salvation Army’s major fundraising event of the year and all proceeds support year-round programs and emergency assistance benefiting those in need in our community. The Salvation Army of Payne County is kicking off its Red Kettle Campaign. Continuing a nationwide-tradition that began in 1891 in California at the San Francisco Ferry Building, the iconic Salvation Army red kettles soon be all over Stillwater, Perkins, and Cushing, collecting donations for its programs and services.
“We are so grateful to our community for their support of one of our most successful and long-lasting fundraising campaigns,” said Lt. Nic Arroqui, Commanding Officer, The Salvation Army. “Donations to The Salvation Army kettles at Christmas time support holiday meals for homeless and needy families, and also help The Salvation Army provide a myriad of other critical services all year long.”
Programs supported include:
- Social services where programs provide food, shelter, clothing and financial assistance;
- Casework and counseling, with programs for health care and residential assistance;
- Youth services, with programs for music, athletics, arts and crafts, camping and family counseling;
- Senior centers focused on assisting the needs of older adults
- Holiday programs, in which the distinctive Red Kettles are a centerpiece, to help families and individuals financially at year-end
Salvation Army red kettles will again be stationed outside of local stores and businesses Monday-Saturday from mid-November until Christmas Eve. “All bell ringers will be equipped with personal protective equipment this Christmas season, ensuring the safety of donors and shoppers, along with our volunteers,” said Lt. Nic Arroqui. “With more individuals and families coming to us for help than ever before, please don’t forget to give to The Salvation Army red kettles this season.”
In 2019, The Salvation Army in Stillwater raised $54,673 in kettles. This year’s goal is $60,000.
The Salvation Army red kettles can be found at Walmart Supercenter and Neighborhood Market, Hobby Lobby, USPS in Stillwater, Homeland, Walgreens, and Belk., on Monday - Saturday, some beginning Nov. 16th, and all locations starting Nov. 21st.