(STILLWATER, Oklahoma / March 11, 2019) – The City of Stillwater is looking for volunteers to help glue decals onto storm drains Saturday, April 13 as part of the Stormwater Management Program.
These plastic emblems are about the size of a CD and can be glued down in just a few seconds. The City Engineering, Stormwater Services Division will provide a kit containing the markers, glue and safety equipment on the day of the event. Data sheets and a neighborhood map are also provided to keep track of how many storm drains are marked.
This program alerts people that stormwater entering the drains does not go to a waste treatment plant but empties directly into waterways. Markers are one method of public education to remind people not to dump toxic chemicals, dirt, grass clippings and more into a storm drain.
When: Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 10 a.m.
Where: Meet at the Stillwater Public Library, 1107 S. Duck St. in the north lobby area (near the Friends of the Library book sale rack)
· Learn how to place storm drain markers
· Brief safety meeting
· Sign a Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability (children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult)
· Team leaders and site locations will be assigned to volunteers
· Teams receive storm drain marking kit
· Teams will disburse and meet at their designated site to start marking storm drain inlets
· Return to library to turn in kit and receive a certificate of volunteer hours
For any questions and to RSVP, contact Zack Henson at 405.533.8436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no deadline to volunteer, and interested participants can register the day of the event.