(STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA / Jan. 8, 2016) – The City of Stillwater encourages residents to attend its budget fair Thursday, Feb. 4 to review and discuss the draft budget plan for fiscal year 2017.
“It’s important that our residents have the opportunity to be part of the budget discussion and speak with their city councilors about what they’d like to see in next year’s budget,” Chief Financial Officer Melissa Reames said.
The budget fair runs from 5:30–7 p.m. in the Lowry Activity Center at the City of Stillwater Community Center, 315 W. 8th Ave. Stillwater city councilors and city staff will be present to answer questions and discuss the draft plan.
“The City is not expecting major revenue increases, so the proposed plan is similar to the plan approved for the current fiscal year,” Reames said.
Upcoming fiscal year 2017 budget timeline (dates subject to change):
- Thursday, Feb. 4: Budget Fair at the City of Stillwater Community Center, 5:30–7 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 8: Preliminary budget presented to City Council
- Monday, March 7: Final version of budget presented to City Council
- Monday, March 21: First budget public hearing
- Thursday, April 14: Second budget public hearing
- Monday, May 2: Final version of budget presented to City Council for adoption
For more information, contact the Office of Marketing and Public Relations at 405-742-8362 or email .