Opponent: No. 6/6 Kansas (24-6, 13-4 Big 12)
Date / Tipoff: March 3, 2018 / 3 p.m. Central
Site: Gallagher-Iba Arena (Capacity: 13,611)
Series: KU leads113-58 (KU leads 36-34 in Stillwater)
Last: OSU won 84-79 in AFH on Feb. 3
TV: ESPN (Rich Hollenberg, Fran Fraschilla)
Radio: Cowboy Radio Network (Dave Hunziker, John Holcomb)
Satellite Radio: Sirius 81, XM 81 (OSU radio call)
Live Stats: okstate.statbroadcast.com
The stage is set for a memorable senior day in Gallagher-Iba Arena. Oklahoma State (17-13, 7-10 Big 12) is coming off an 80-71 win over Iowa State, and will honor its senior class as it plays host to No. 6/6 Kansas, which already clinched its 14th straight Big 12 regular season championship. The Cowboys have three top-10 wins this season, including an 84-79 victory in Allen Fieldhouse on Feb. 3. Should the Cowboys win on Saturday it would be the first time the Jayhawks were swept in a season series since 2001. OSU has won three of the last four meetings against KU in Gallagher-Iba Arena, and has seven wins over the Jayhawks since 2008 - more than any other program.
On the Air
The matchup between the Cowboys and Jayhawks will air Saturday on ESPN at 3 p.m. Central. Rich Hollenberg and Fran Fraschilla will handle the on-air duties. ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app will carry the webcast. As always, Dave Hunziker and John Holcomb will have the Cowboy Radio Network call.
A Win In Every Big 12 Gym
With the win in Ames, Iowa on Tuesday, Cowboy seniors Jeffrey Carroll and Mitchell Solomon have now won in every Big 12 arena over the course of their careers. The last Cowboys to win in every conference venue was the senior class of 1954 (Bob Mattick, Tom Fuller and Dale Roark), which won in every Missouri Valley Conference gym.
Big 12 Championship Seeding Scenarios
• If the regular season ended now Oklahoma State would be the No. 8 seed in the upcoming Big 12 Championship in Kansas City, Missouri. In the opening round the Cowboys would face No. 9 seed Oklahoma in a third installment of Bedlam.
• With one regular season game to play there are still 16 seeding scenarios remaining for OSU. However, the Cowboys can finish no higher than the No. 7 seed and no lower than No. 9.
• OSU's first-round opponent will be Oklahoma, Texas or Iowa State depending on the results across the league. See the OSU Seeding Scenario box at the bottom right of this page for full details.
The OSU Postseason Resume
• Should the Cowboys beat Kansas they would have eight Big 12 wins. Since the conference expanded to the double-round robin format four of the five teams to finish 8-10 in Big 12 play earned an at-large big to the NCAA Tournament.
• OSU has piled up five AP top-25 wins this season, including three against top-10 teams and three away from Stillwater.
• The Cowboys own three RPI top-30 wins and six wins over the RPI's top-55.
• OSU is one of just eight teams to take down multiple ranked opponents in true road games.
• The NCAA RPI report separates every team's games into four quadrants, and the NCAA Tournament selection committee places heavy emphasis on the first and toughest quadrant. OSU has four first-quadrant wins, which is tied for 25th nationally.
• OSU has faced the nation's 26th toughest schedule according to KenPom, and has six wins over current top-50 squads and nine wins over teams ranked 110 or better.
• Every loss on OSU's schedule is to a team currently among the projected NCAA Tournament field according to ESPN's Joe Lunardi. Conversely, the Cowboys have five wins over projected tournament teams.
The Series With The Jayhawks
This will be the 172nd meeting between Oklahoma State and Kansas, which trails only the Bedlam matchup with Oklahoma (235 meetings) as OSU's longest standing rivalry. No program has beaten Kansas more over the last 10 years than Oklahoma State, which has seven wins over the Jayhawks since 2008. In fact, OSU has won three of the last four meetings with KU in Gallagher-Iba Arena. Kansas leads the overall series to 113-58.
Carroll Against The Jayhawks
Jeffrey Carroll has had quite a career against the Jayhawks. Carroll scored 23 and 27 points in the two meetings with Kansas last season, and has scored at least 11 points in each of the last five games against the Jayhawks. Since 2015-16, Carroll is averaging 17.8 points and 4.8 rebounds per game on 47.6 percent shooting, including a 52.9 percent clip from 3-point.
Always A Cowboy
Former Cowboy Bill Self is facing his alma mater for the 30th time as a head coach, including four meetings in his time at Oral Roberts and 25 at Kansas. Self's record against OSU is 17-12 (16-9 with KU, 1-3 with ORU), but he is 4-8 inside Gallagher-Iba Arena (4-6 with KU, 0-2 with ORU).
Self's Cowboy Career
Self was a four-year letterman at OSU under Paul Hansen from 1981-85, and his 319 career assists still rank 14th in school history. Only two OSU point guards had more 10-assist games than Self, who piled up six. His junior season of 1983-84 saw him rack up 126 assists with a 2.42 assist/turnover ratio, which is still the seventh-best ratio by a Cowboy. After graduating in 1985, Self would spend seven season as an assistant coach at OSU under Leonard Hamilton and Eddie Sutton.