The week will culminate with a Budget Fair on
Monday, Feb. 10.
“City services have a significant impact on your daily life,” said City Manager Dan Galloway. “We want our citizens to stay informed, to attend meetings and to communicate their needs with their elected representatives. Talk with your family and neighbors and share what’s important to you.”
How can the public participate in the budget process?
City staff will compile the questions and comments for the mayor and city council to consider as the budget is being developed. Residents may select from the following ways to provide their input:
- Call and leave a message on the Public Input Hotline at 405-533-8525.
- Sunday News Press. On page 5 on Sunday, Feb. 2 and Feb. 9, the City will publish a form for you to complete and return to city hall. Use this space to record your questions and comments.
Input Stations will be available at the following locations. Information
about the budget along with forms and a flip charts for recording your
comments will be available from Feb. 4-10.
- Stillwater Public Library, 1107 S. Duck
- City of Stillwater Community Center, 315 W. 8th Ave.
- Police and Municipal Building (city hall), 723 S. Lewis St.
- Stillwater Chamber of Commerce, 409 S. Main St.
- Facebook and Twitter. Between now and Feb. 10, post your questions and comments on the City’s social media accounts. Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CityOfStillwater and Twitter at https://twitter.com/StillwaterOKgov
Twitter TownHall will also be held Friday, Feb. 7 from noon to 12:30 p.m.
It will be televised live on Suddenlink channel 23 and AT&T U-verse
channel 99 and made available on the City’s YouTube channel.
Representatives from the City will be joined together as a panel answering questions during the 30-minute event. Citizens will be able to electronically post their questions live during the meeting in three different ways:
- Tweet your question to @stillwaterokgov using hashtag #AskStillwaterOK
- Email your question at
- Text in your question at 405-564-3046
- Stillwater City Council and the City of Stillwater are hosting a Budget Fair Monday, Feb. 10 at the Community Center, 315 W. 8th Ave., from 4 to 6 p.m. City staff and elected officials will be available to speak one-on-one with residents.
- A public budget hearing has been scheduled for Monday, May 5 during the City Council meeting. The official agenda will be posted the Stillwater Municipal Building, 723 S. Lewis St.
review revenues and expenditures, residents may find copies of the City’s
financial documents, including past adopted budget, online at Stillwater.org or
in print at the Stillwater Public Library, 1107 S. Duck St.
FY Budget Timeline (Dates subject to change)
- Feb. 4-10: Public Input Week
- February 24: Council visioning session to address goals for FY15
- April 7: Proposed budget presentation to Council
- April 28: Council study session to review proposed budget
- May 5: Budget public hearing
- May 19: Budget resolutions presented for adoption
For more information about the City of Stillwater FY2015 Budget Process,
contact the Office of Marketing and Public Relations by social media, by email
by phone at 405-742-8362 or visit the city’s website at stillwater.org.