(STILLWATER, Oklahoma / May 3, 2017) — The City of Stillwater's Stillwater Arts Festival presented seven awards to artists showcased at its 40th annual show. More than $1,400 in cash awards and ribbons was presented on Saturday, April 22. Forty-one artists participated in the show and each had the opportunity to win.
- 1st Place 2D – John Tracy II (Oil/Acrylic), Mountain View, Oklahoma
- 2nd Place 2D – Ty Kelly (Oil/Acrylic), Edmond, Oklahoma
- 3rd Place 2D – Krystle Cole (Oil/Acrylic), Wichita, Kansas
- 1st Place 3D – Rebecca Livingston (Pottery), Huntsville, Arkansas
- 2nd Place 3D – Seth Dazey (Jewelry), Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 3rd Place 3D – Sarah Machemehl (Pottery), Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Downtown Stillwater Best of Show – Jason Wallace (Photography), Stillwater, Oklahoma
A panel of three judges selected the winners:
- Parker Seward, director at the Gardiner Art Gallery
- Denise Ferrell, Stillwater Public Schools art teacher
- Moh’d Bilbeisi, professor at Oklahoma State University School of Architecture
Festival Coordinator Stephanie Kinder and Arts and Humanities Council of Stillwater Chairwoman Debbie Sutton presented the awards.
The Stillwater Arts Festival accepted applications in the following categories:
- Oil and acrylic
- Pencils, charcoal and pastels
- Pottery (thrown, hand built and sculpted)
An expert panel of jurors reviewed entries for spaces at the annual fine arts show.
For additional information on the Stillwater Arts Festival, go to stillwater.org or contact Stephanie Kinder at 405.533.8435or stillwaterartsfestival@