How many times have parents heard the words, "I'm bored!" and thought to themselves, "when will spring break be over?" We don't want this to happen to you this year, so we've put together ten places to go in Stillwater to keep your kids busy! Whether your kids are big or small, these places will welcome them with open arms so you can have a few minutes of rest. Check out our ideas below and when you capture that perfect Spring Break 2019 pic, tag us @visitstillwater to let us know you survived!
1. The Cypher Rooms: Instead of being a prisoner in your own home, the Cypher Rooms offer a clever, exciting and fun challenge for groups of 2-6 people. Teams are "locked" in a room and have 60 minutes to use intellect and teamwork to figure out how to get out.
2. OSU Athletics: Did you know that OSU tennis matches are free? With matches throughout the spring, it's the perfect opportunity to get out of the house and into the stadium to cheer on the Cowboys and Cowgirls! Plus, Visit Stillwater gives away a pair of tickets to all OSU home games, so sign up with your email and you could win!
3. Oklahoma WONDERtorium: Included in your museum admission or membership, the Oklahoma WONDERtorium has hands-on bonus activities every day during Spring Break! From a Martian puppet workshop to soda bottle rockets, your children will get to pilot their own DIY experience! Activities must be registered for, so call ahead and grab a ticket time today.
4. Ultimate Air Trampoline Park: One of the newest attractions to open in Stillwater, Ultimate Air Trampoline Park, has space for everyone, including a toddler area. Let your kids jump to their hearts content while you relax in one of the many massage chairs.
5. The Rollerdome: 18,000 sq. ft should be enough space to burn some energy! The Rollerdome is taking the fun to the next level with a Spring Break Party on March 15th - all ages are welcome to enjoy skating games, pizza, candy, sumo wrestling, and dodge ball from 7pm - 12am.
6. Prairie Arts Center: This is the place to experiment with painting, drawing, sculpture, and printmaking at their Robert Rauschenberg Spring Break Art Camp. Campers will learn about working with non-traditional materials and techniques and experience a field trip to the OSU Museum of Art! Registration is required for Art Camp!
7. Lake McMurtry: If you need to get outdoors and stretch your legs - Lake McMurtry has miles of hiking and mountain biking trails you can hop on and get some fresh air! Grab your fishing poles and frisbees and enjoy everything the park has to offer with fishing docks, two 18-hole disc golf courses, and camping!
8. StillyArts: Have a drama queen or king in your household? The Spring Break Art Camp at StillyArts is exactly what they need! Campers will be creating art and working on a drama production. They will get to explore both digital and tangible forms of art as well as present their production to their parents and family the last day of camp! Half day and full day registrations are available!
9. The Stillwater History Museum at the Sheerar: Step back in time and let the Stillwater History Museum make history FUN with hands-on and interactive activities from March 19-21! Kids, ages 6-12, will have the chance to learn about the Grand Opera House and create their very own diorama.
10. Lost Creek Safari: Take a walk on the wild side and visit Lost Creek Safari - Stillwater's only Certified Animal Park. Here you will have an experience like no other where each visit feels like a behind-the-scenes, VIP animal encounter. Weekdays are by reservation only but no reservations are required for weekend visits!