STILLWATER -- The Oklahoma State Women’s Golf team will host the Cowgirl Classic on Thursday and Friday, their first event at Karsten Creek since 2018.
Sophomore Maja Stark will make her first appearance for the Cowgirls this season. Stark recently led the Swedish national team to a European championship and currently is ranked No. 8 in the World Amateur Golf Rankings.
Stark will join All-American Isabella Fierro, who collected a second-place finish at the Betsey Rawls Invitational, Hailey Jones, Lianna Bailey and Rina Tatematsu in the OSU lineup. Angelica Pfefferkorn will compete as an individual.
The Cowgirls will have a rare opportunity to compete on their home course at Karsten Creek.
The 6,156-yard course has earned a five-star rating by Golf Digest and has hosted several NCAA Regionals and Championships.
All fans and staff are encouraged to wear a face covering that cover the nose and mouth completely at all times while at Karsten Creek. Face coverings are not a substitute for social distancing and fans are asked to keep a safe distance between their party and other fans. Spectators are not permitted to have interaction with student-athletes, coaches and team personnel.
- Spectators are welcome and admission is free.
- Masks and social distancing are encouraged.
- Visitors are asked to maintain their distance from the competitors at all times.
- The Karsten Creek clubhouse is closed to visitors, but the pro shop will be open (masks required).
- Spectators can purchase grab & go food and drinks between holes 9 & 10 from 11-4 on Thursday and 11-2 on Friday.
- Restrooms will be available on the course.
- Parking in the Karsten Creek lot will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, and overflow parking will be along Memorial Drive.
Cowgirl Classic Event Information
- Dates: Oct. 22-23
- Course: Karsten Creek Golf Club (Est. 1994)
- Tee Times: 8:45 a.m. shotgun on both days
- Tournament Pairings (PDF)
- Par / Yardage: 72 / 6,156
- Participating Teams: Baylor, BYU, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech
- Format: Stroke play (36 holes Thursday, 18 holes Friday)
- Live Scoring: GolfStat.com
- Social Media Hashtag: #CowgirlClassic