STILLWATER, Okla. ---- Oklahoma State women’s golf is set to return to the NCAA Women’s Golf Championships, which are being held at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz., for the 23rdtime in program history on Friday.
The championship format in Scottsdale will include 24 teams and 12 individuals completing 54 holes of stroke play, and then the top 15 teams along with the top nine individuals not on an advancing team competing for one additional day of stroke play to determine the top eight teams for match play competition and the 72-hole stroke play individual champion.
The top eight teams then compete in match play for the team national championship to be decided May 25.
OSU, the reigning national runner-up, is the lone semifinalist from last year to make the return trip as defending national champion Ole Miss, Duke and Arizona were all eliminated on last week from their regionals.
- Tournament action is set to begin Friday, May 20 and runs through May 25.
- The Championship is open to everyone with no ticket required.
- The Cowgirls are set to tee off on Friday at 1:30 p.m. CT and will return Saturday for the second round at 8:30 a.m. CT.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Golf Channel will have live coverage from Monday’s stroke play through the completion of match play on Wednesday.
- Live stats will be provided through golfstat.com.
- Updates will be given on the team’s social media accounts throughout the week.
COWGIRL POSTSEASON HISTORY
- This season marked Oklahoma State's 28th NCAA Regional appearance.
- The Cowgirls are set to compete in their 23rd NCAA Championship.
- Oklahoma State's return to the NCAA Championship last season was its first since 2016.
- The Cowgirls' 23 NCAA Championship trips are tied for the 10th most in the country and second only to Texas among Big 12 competition. OSU has seven top-5 finishes at NCAAs, including runner-up finishes in 2004 and 2021.
- Oklahoma State opened the 2021-22 season with four-straight wins in the fall, marking the first time in program history it finished the fall season undefeated.
- OSU closed the regular season with a 109-13-1 (.890) record, including 25 wins over ranked opponents. The Cowgirls never finished a tournament outside the top-3, the first time it had done so since finishing first and second in the two tournaments in the 1973-74 season.
- The Cowgirls finished tied for second two weeks ago at the Big 12 Tournament.
- Senior Lianna Bailey was crowned the Big 12 Tournament's individual champion while sophomore Maddison Hinson-Tolchard was the Stillwater Regional’s individual champion.
- Han-Hsuan Yu has nine tournament appearances this season for the Cowgirls, with an average score of 72.26 in her 27 rounds. She's notably finished in the top-15 in five of her past six tournaments.
- In her 12 appearances for Oklahoma State this season, Maddison Hinson-Tolchard has averaged a score of 71.36 in 33 rounds of work in her sophomore season. She notably won the Rapsodo Match In the Desert back on Jan. 23 and has recorded 10 top-20 finishes after winning the Stillwater Regional.
- Hailey Jones recorded her first collegiate tournament win at the Dale McNamara Invitational this season. Jones has carded a 73.85 scoring average in 10 tournament appearances.
- Rina Tatematsu has been a part of the OSU lineup for eight tournaments this year with a 72.41 scoring average in 22 rounds of work. She's finished in the top-20 six of those tournaments and inside the top-10 in three of them.
- Lianna Bailey has traveled with the Cowgirls to 10 tournaments this season with an average score of 72.93 in 29 rounds. She's earned six top-20 finishes and was the 2022 Big 12 Championship's individual champion.
For more information on the Cowgirls, continue to check back with okstate.com.