The Weekend In Stillwater
- Oklahoma State will return home from the road for the weekend with a pair of games on Friday and Sunday positioned around Saturday's home football game against West Virginia. Action is set to begin Friday at 7 p.m. CT ESPN+. Mike Wolfe and Bryndon Manzer will have the call while Dave Hunziker and John Holcomb will have the call on radio.
- Earlier in the morning, Cowgirl basketball will face Harvard in its second game of the weekend in Cancun, Mexico. Tip is set for Friday at 10 a.m. CT on Flo Hoops.
- Saturday, Oklahoma State football will face WVU at 11 a.m. CT on ESPN2 while Cowgirl basketball will face Purdue at 12:30 p.m. CT.
- Action wraps up on the weekend at 2 p.m. CT on Sunday when Cowboy basketball plays host to Prairie View A&M on ESPN+. Mike Wolfe and Bryndon Manzer will have the call while Dave Hunziker and John Holcomb will have the call on radio.
- There is a myriad of deals for the weekend fans can take advantage of, including the "Weekend In Stilly" bundle. Fans can get tickets to both home men's basketball games and the Cowboy football game for just $50.
Facing Tulsa - Here's The Scout
- Oklahoma State's first game of the weekend will be against in-state foe Tulsa. All-time, OSU leads the series, 74-39. The Tulsa series dates back to 1908. The Cowboys have won two of the past three after Tulsa won the last meeting between the two, 74-71, in 2018.
- Friday night's game will be a blackout as fans are encouraged to wear black gear, while the Cowboys will be wearing black uniforms. Tickets in the 300 section of GIA are $1 while fans are encouraged to bring a toy to donate for the annual toy drive.
- Tulsa comes into the game with a 2-3 record overall with a two-game losing streak. It's 0-1 on the year in road games and 1-3 overall away from home.
Facing PVA - Here's The Scout
- Oklahoma State's second game of the two-game home stand weekend will be against Prairie View A&M on Sunday. OSU is 5-0 all-time in the series that dates back to 1994. All five games have come in Stillwater with the Cowboys averaging 88.6 points per game.
- Sunday's game will serve as OSU's N7 game, its second of the year. OSU's men's and women's basketball programs, as well as its softball team, proudly wear turquoise uniforms for select games to honor Native American and Aboriginal heritage. The color turquoise represents harmony, friendship and fellowship in the Native American culture. Along with OSU, eight other schools are participating in the initiative to highlight Native American Heritage Month.
- PVA, who plays Friday night, comes into the weekend with a two-game losing streak and is 0-2 on the road. PVA notably beat Washington State, 70-59, on Nov. 15 at home.
The New Sheriffs In Town
- John-Michael Wright, a High Point transfer, brings experience and poise to the Oklahoma State locker room. In the 2021-22 season, his junior year of eligibility, he played and started in all 32 games for High Point while averaging 34.9 minutes per contest. He shot .410 from the field and .363 from behind the arc as he averaged 18.4 points, 4.4 rebounds 3.4 assists.
- He finished the year with the eighth-best assist-turnover ratio in the Big South, the ninth-best field goal percentage, had the second-most free throw attempts (third-most made), led the conference in scoring average and had the eighth-most assists.
- Alongside Wright from the transfer ranks is Caleb Asberry from Texas State. He started all 29 games during the 2021-22 season, the only Bobcat to do that, as he led the team in scoring with a career-high 13.6 points and also paced the team in minutes played (847), steals (37), three-pointers made (63).
- Asberry was notably a two-time All-Sun Belt (2021: Third Team, 2022: First Team) selection.
- The lone freshman of the group, Quion Williams, joins the Cowboys from Jonesboro. During his high school career, Williams helped lead his team to two state championships and a 30-3 record.
Early Season Quick Hitters
- Moussa Cisse has dominated through five games with three double-doubles to his name so far.
- As of Wednesday morning, OSU has the second most blocks in the Big 12 conference, behind only Kansas. Cisse has the most rebounds in the Big 12 and the most blocks while Avery Anderson III has the second most steals.
- Cisse has 18 blocks through his first five games, seven more than the next closest player in the Big 12.
- Oklahoma State's two transfers, John-Michael Wright and Caleb Asberry, have combined to shoot 30-for-79 (.380) from the field with 97 points and 16 three-point shots made.
- Meanwhile on the returning side, Bryce Thompson and Avery Anderson III have combined to shoot 40-for-104 (.385) from the field with 113 points.
- Between the four, the group has combined to score 210 of OSU's first 366 points (57%) to start the season.
- On the rebounding front, Kalib Boone and Cisse have brought in 86 of OSU's first 200 rebounds (43%) of the 2022-23 season.
An Oklahoma State Win Vs. Tulsa Would...
- Improve the Cowboys to 75-39 against Tulsa.
- Be OSU's third in the last four games against Tulsa.
- Make OSU 2-1 at home to start the season.
- Improve OSU to 3-1 against in-state foes over the past two seasons with wins over ORU, Oklahoma and Tulsa.
- Be head coach Mike Boynton's 91st win as the leader of the program.
- Be OSU's 840th in Gallagher-Iba Arena.
- Be OSU's 448th non-conference home win in GIA and its 233rd at home since 1989.
An Oklahoma State Win Vs. PVA Would...
- Improve the Cowboys to 6-0 all-time in the series.
- Make OSU 6-0 at home in the series.
Streaks and Trends Coming Into The Weekend
- OSU has made at least one three-pointer in 732 consecutive games dating back to Jan. 13, 2001.
- The Cowboys have posted ten or more assists in 15 of their past 17 games dating back to last season.
- Oklahoma State has held a double-digit lead at halftime in three consecutive games.
- Avery Anderson III has made a living causing havoc on the defensive end to start the season. He has recorded at least two steals in four of five games to start the season and six of seven games dating back to last season.
- Anderson III has also led the Cowboys on the offensive end so far this season, scoring in double-figures in four-straight and 11 of the last 13 games dating back to last season.
- Moussa Cisse has reached at least two blocks in nine-straight games dating back to the Baylor game on Feb. 21 last season. Cisse has tallied 33 blocks in those nine games combined.
- Moussa Cisse has now recorded at least one block in each of his past 15 games. There have been just three games in his Oklahoma State career in which he did not record at least one block.
- John-Michael Wright and Caleb Asberry remained perfect from the free-throw line on the season. Wright made 4-4 and Asberry made 2-2 on Sunday.