STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State men’s tennis completed the first leg of back-to-back play in dominating fashion, handling Lamar, 7-0 at the Greenwood Tennis Center.
With the win, OSU improved to 4-0 on the season.
Oklahoma State swept the singles and doubles matches over the Cardinals.
Leighton Allen and Carl Roothman started off the day for OSU, wrangling a 6-1 doubles victory on court three over Brandon Do and Haruki Omori-Cowie.
Courts one and two hosted big-time back-and-forth clashes, with Tyler Zink and Alessio Basile on court one and Chase Ferguson and Francisco Pini on court three for the Pokes.
Ferguson and Pini were pitted in a 3-0 deficit versus Gustav Hasslegren and Elias Peter to open play. However, the pairing rallied back to knot the score at 3-3, before surging forward to a 6-4 comeback victory to secure the OSU the doubles point.
In their first pairing of the season, Zink and Basile defeated Max Amling and Filippo Salasini, 7-5, to post a doubles sweep.
Pini asserted himself from the get-go in singles, taking down Do, 6-1, 6-1, to give the Cowboys a 2-0 margin.
Ferguson moved the tally to 3-0 not long after, silencing Hasselgren, 6-1, 6-3, on court two.
Zink etched the game-sealing match, defeating Amling on court one, 6-4, 6-3, to make it a 4-0 Cowboy advantage.
The concluding trio of matches saw Allen record the lone 6-0 set of the day, defeating Max Milic, 6-4, 6-0, Roothman take down Omorio-Cowie 7-5, 6-3, on court six and Basile dropped Filippo Salsini, 6-1, 2-6, 7-6 (8).
Oklahoma State will complete their two-day, three-game homestand tonight against Oral Roberts at 5 p.m.
1. Tyler Zink (OSUM) def. Max Amling (LAMAR) 6-4, 6-3
2. Chase Ferguson (OSUM) def. Gustav Hasslegren (LAMAR) 6-1, 6-3
3. Francisco Pini (OSUM) def. Brandon Do (LAMAR) 6-1, 6-1
4. Alessio Basile (OSUM) def. Filippo Salsini (LAMAR) 6-1, 2-6, 7-6 (8)
5. Leighton Allen (OSUM) def. Max Milic (LAMAR) 6-4, 6-0
6. Carl Roothman (OSUM) def. Haruki Omori-Cowie (LAMAR) 7-5, 6-3
1. Tyler Zink/Alessio Basile (OSUM) def. Max Amling/Filippo Salsini (LAMAR) 7-5
2. Chase Ferguson/Francisco Pini (OSUM) def. Gustav Hasslegren/Elias Peter (LAMAR) 6-4
3. Leighton Allen/Carl Roothman (OSUM) def. Brandon Do/Haruki Omori-Cowie (LAMAR) 6-1
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (3,2,1,5,6,4)