Live Stats: https://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=okst
Live Video: https://okstate.com/sports/2016/2/22/TENNIS_VIDEO
Oklahoma State’s men’s tennis team heads into the 2022-23 campaign with high hopes and new expecta- tions. The unit has six returning Cowboys, along with three new faces. In Coach Taylor's first year as head coach, he posted a 12-12 record, with a 9-5 mark at home. Taylor added assistant coach Martin Redlicki who looks to bring experience to the roster. The Cowboys face UTRGV in a double header on Jan 14 at 1 p.m. CT and 5 p.m. CT.
Following the Action
For Saturday's match against UTRGV, live stats can be viewed at: https://www.statbroadcast.com/events/stat- monitr.php?gid=okst and live video at: https://okstate. com/sports/2016/2/22/TENNIS_VIDEO. For season- long coverage of the Oklahoma State Men’s tennis, visit okstate.com and follow @CowboyTennis on Twitter and Instagram.
In the Rankings
Cowboy Senior, Tyler Zink, finished last season ranked No. 122 in singles by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association. OSU appeared in the ITA rankings eight times a season ago, with its highest ranking at No. 49 on March 23. Zink and Alex Garcia also appeared in the doubles top 100 rankings with their respective partners to end the 2022 season.
The Cowboys hold an 8-3 all-time advantage over the Vaqueros, with the most recent meeting being a 7-0 Pokes victory a season ago. Oklahoma State has not lost to UTRGV since 1979.
Streak and Trends
• OSU would extend its season-opening win streak to 10
• Tyler Zink is 4-0 in his last four doubles matches.
• Alessio Basile is 6-1 in his last seven doubles matches.
• Alex Garcia is 6-1 in his last seven singles matches.
Oklahoma State Wins Would...
• Improve OSU’s all-time record to 10-3 against UTRGV.
• Give OSU its first win of the season in its first matchup.
• Give head coach Dustin Taylor his 13th and 14th win of his career.
• Improve OSU's record in season openers to 10-0. • Give Alessio Basile and Carl Roothman their first
• Improve OSU's all-time home record to 98-29.