(STILLWATER, Oklahoma / April 24, 2018) – The Oklahoma State spring football game is set for 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 28 in Boone Pickens Stadium. Admission is free. Here is some logistical information for fans to know before arriving:
- With the exception of Lot 4 immediately north of Gallagher-Iba Arena and Lot 10 immediately west of Boone Pickens Stadium, parking is open throughout campus and free of charge. Here is a parking map for the day.
Pregame Fan Activities
- There will be inflatables and face-painting stations located on the turf field immediately south of the Sherman Smith Training Center, which is right across Hall of Fame Avenue from Boone Pickens Stadium.
- Hall of Fame Avenue will be barricaded off from Knoblock Street to Washington Street for the Hall of Fame Block Party from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- There will be a simulated version of The Walk. Fans are encouraged to gather by Gate 15 on the west side of the stadium before noon to greet the team and show support as they walk from the Sherman Smith Center to Boone Pickens Stadium. Pistol Pete, the marching band and spirit squad will be part of The Walk as well.
Stadium Entry and In-Game Activities
- Stadium gates open at noon and fans should enter from the south side. Fan assistance stations will be open on the south side of the stadium for fans to renew or purchase season tickets.
- Normal stadium policies apply.
- Fans should sit in the stands on the south side of the stadium. Concessions and restrooms will be open only on the south side. Club and suite seating areas will be closed.
- The format of the game itself has yet to be finalized.
- Throughout the game, there will be several contests and challenges on the field involving OSU fraternities and sororities.
- There will be a special presentation honoring former players at the game.
- The Cowboy Radio Network will broadcast live from the game with Dave Hunziker, John Holcomb and Robert Allen on the call. Check local listings.
Post-Game Fan Activities
- After the game, all fans are permitted onto the field to interact with the OSU football team. The Cowboys will remain on the field for 45 minutes after the game, which is an increase from the 30 minutes that has been allotted in previous seasons. In addition, Pistol Pete and Bullet will be on the field and available for photo opportunities during that same window of time.
- • Orange and Black Gives Back (the community service arm of OSU Athletics) will have drop-off locations set up by the south entrances to the stadium for fans to donate items for the Salvation Army. Items being collected include the following:
- Peanut butter
- Canned meats
- Ramen noodles
- Pudding mix
- Granola bars
- Pop tarts
- Canned pasta meals
- Canned vegetables
- Canned soup
- Canned fruit