STILLWATER – The name, image and likeness program is growing at Oklahoma State with the addition of Haneen Rashwan as the full-time assistant director of name, image and likeness, it was announced today.
Rashwan will work closely with OSU Athletics’ NIL director Barry Hinson, the Pokes with a Purpose collective, the renowned Brand Squad, potential NIL partners and more to connect OSU students with opportunities to maximize their name, image and likeness opportunities.
Prior to moving into her current role, Rashwan was at the very core of The Brand Squad, OSU’s student organization that works with area businesses to identify and maximize NIL opportunities for OSU students. Rashwan organized autograph signings, coordinated public appearances and much more.
“When it came to this position, it was a priority to appeal to the student-athlete,” Hinson said. “Haneen was president of The Brand Squad and was highly regarded by her peers, including student-athletes. Haneen is a powerful young woman with outside the box thinking who will move our NIL program forward on a daily basis.”
Thanks in part to Rashwan and her efforts, Oklahoma State was recognized in 2022 as a national finalist for Best Institutional Program at the inaugural NIL Awards at the INFLCR NIL Summit.
The expansion of OSU Athletics’ NIL efforts to include this new full-time position held by Rashwan is the latest in Oklahoma State's commitment to maximizing opportunities for its student-athletes. A sampling:
- OSU launched the POSSE Star Fund to provide student-athletes with additional education-related benefits including direct financial support in the form of academic achievement awards, up to the legally established maximum of $5,980 per year. In order to receive the full allotment, student-athletes must go through financial planning and education provided through a partnership between OSU Athletics and Simmons Bank.
- OSU Athletics partnered with the renowned Spears School of Business to form the best-in-class Brand Squad – a group of business students who help connect OSU students with NIL partners at no cost to the students.
- OSU Athletics launched its NIL marketplace to make it easier than ever for fans and potential name, image and likeness partners to browse and connect with OSU student-athletes. The marketplace is sortable by individual student-athlete name and by team. OSU student-athletes who have opted in to participate in the marketplace maintain individual profile pages that include specific options for how NIL partners can engage. Student-athletes can review opportunities and accept compensation directly through the Opendorse app.
- OSU Athletics appointed Barry Hinson as Associate Athletic Director for Name, Image and Likeness – a new position geared specifically toward identifying and promoting NIL opportunities for its student-athletes.
- OSU partnered with industry leader Altius Sports to provide a national perspective and guidance to OSU's NIL programming.
- OSU partnered with the Brandr Group, One Team and Fanatics to create group licensing opportunities for its student-athletes, such as selling jerseys and other merchandise co-branded with official OSU marks and the student-athletes' name, image and likeness.
- OSU was an early adopter in partnering with INFLCR as a way of helping student-athletes with their individual brand-building efforts through the use of professional-quality photos and videos.
- OSU provides ongoing rules education to the nonprofit collective Pokes with a Purpose, which pairs OSU student-athletes with local charities in a way that enables the student-athletes to use their name, image and likeness to raise awareness and funds for causes of their choosing.
- OSU Athletics has a standing NIL committee that meets weekly to identify, discuss and pursue NIL opportunities and partnerships that benefit its student-athletes.