Oklahoma State 73, TCU 77
February 8, 2022 | Schollmaier Arena (Fort Worth, TX)
Updated Records: Oklahoma State 11-12 overall, 4-7 Big 12 TCU 16-5 overall, 5-4 Big 12
Oklahoma State Leaders: Points – Isaac Likekele – 19, Rebounds – Isaac Likekele, Moussa Cisse– 6, Assists – Isaac Likekele – 5
TCU Leaders: Points – Chuck O’Bannon – 19, Rebounds – Eddie Lampkin Jr. – 12, Assists – Damion Baugh - 8
- TCU jumped out to an early first half lead with the help of a 12-2 run to give the Horned Frogs a 14-4 lead after the first media timeout. Despite going down early, OSU was able to answer with a 13-2 run of its own to take a one point lead at the midway point.
- TCU was able to regain the lead with a 13-2 run which led it to their 39-32 halftime lead.
- The Horned Frog kept their distance from the Cowboys for most of the second half but an 11-0 OSU run sparked by seven points from Isaac Likekele brought it within one with less than 3 minutes remaining.
- Despite the late OSU run, TCU was able to close out the game in the final minutes to win 77-73.
- Isaac Likekele and Rondel Walker tallied 3 steals Tuesday night, which marked the 13th time in 14 games that at least one Cowboy has tallied at least 3 steals. The streak consists of five different players in Avery Anderson III, Rondel Walker, Bryce Williams, Keylan Boone, and Isaac Likekele.
- It also marked the seventh time this season that OSU had at least two players record at least three steals and the third time in Big 12 play.
- Likekele also moved into sole-possession of 10th place on Oklahoma State’s all-time steals list with 156 career steals.
- Avery Anderson III and Isaac Likekele made an impact on the offensive end with Anderson III scoring 14 and Likekele scoring a season-high 19. It marked the ninth time that Anderson III reached double-figures and the eighth for Likekele.
- Oklahoma State continued the trend of dominating in the paint, as they outscored TCU 44-28. It marked the 17th time in 23 games OSU has scored more than its foe in the paint.
- OSU has forced at least 10 turnovers 152 times under Mike Boynton.
- OSU has made at least one three-pointer in 720 consecutive games dating back to Jan. 13, 2001, which is the 24th longest current streak in college basketball.
- Isaac Likekele has recorded a rebound in 116-straight games dating back to his freshman year and has recorded an assist in 57-consecutive games, as well.