STILLWATER, Okla. ---- No. 1-seeded Oklahoma State women's golf is set to play host to the NCAA Stillwater Regional May 9-11 at Karsten Creek Golf Club. Spectators are welcome at the three-day event and there will be no admission charge. Parking is available along the road leading into the golf course.
In November, the NCAA had announced the move to a six-regional format effective with the spring championship. Each of the six regional sites will now feature 12 teams and six individuals, with the top four teams and top two individuals (not on an advancing team) qualifying for the championships, which will be held for the second-straight year at Grayhawk Golf Club (Raptor Course) in Scottsdale, Ariz., from May 20-25.
With the move to six regional sites from the previous four-site format, 72 teams will still qualify for regional play, with the number of individuals not on an advancing team increasing from 24 to 36.
- Oklahoma State (Host)
- Arizona State
- Michigan State
- NC State
- Illinois State
- Karsten Creek will play as a par-72, 6,303-yard course for the tournament.
- Karsten Creek was built for the OSU golf teams, and its purpose is to aid in the recruitment and development of future OSU stars. It was designed by Tom Fazio and honored as the Best New Public Course for 1994 by Golf Digest Magazine. It stretches over 7,400 yards with SR1020 bent-grass greens and zoysia fairways. All of the holes were carved from the native oak trees surrounding Lake Louise.
- In the May 1998 edition of Golf Digest, Karsten Creek Golf Club was awarded its first five-star rating, making the course one of 10 in the nation to be so honored.
COWGIRL POSTSEASON HISTORY
- This season mark's Oklahoma State's 28th NCAA Regional appearance.
- The Cowgirls are set to compete to advance to their 23rd NCAA Championship.
- OSU finished third last season in the NCAA Stanford Regional at 3-over 855. It was their first postseason appearance under head coach Greg Robertson.
- Oklahoma State's return to the NCAA Championship last season was its first since 2016.
- The Cowgirls' 22 NCAA Championship trips are tied for the 10th most in the country and second only to Texas among Big 12 competition. OSU has seven top-5 finishes at NCAAs, including runner-up finishes in 2004 and 2021.
- Oklahoma State opened the 2021-22 season with four-straight wins in the fall, marking the first time in program history it finished the fall season undefeated.
- OSU closed the regular season with a 109-13-1 (.890) record, including 25 wins over ranked opponents. The Cowgirls never finished a tournament outside the top-3, the first time it had done so since finishing first and second in the two tournaments in the 1973-74 season.
- The Cowgirls finished tied for second last week at the Big 12 Tournament.
- Senior Lianna Bailey was crowned the Big 12 Tournament's individual champion.
WATCH AND FOLLOW
- Live stats will be provided through golfstat.com, while updates will be on the team's social media accounts as they become available.
- Han-Hsuan Yu has eight tournament appearances this season for the Cowgirls, with an average score of 71.96 in her 24 rounds. She's notably finished in the top-15 in three-straight tournaments.
- In her 11 appearances for Oklahoma State this season, Maddison Hinson-Tolchard has averaged a score of 71.43 in 30 rounds of work in her sophomore season. She notably won the Rapsodo Match In the Desert back on Jan. 23 and has recorded nine top-20 finishes.
- Hailey Jones recorded her first collegiate tournament win at the Dale McNamara Invitational this season. Jones has carded a 73.42 scoring average in nine tournament appearances.
- Rina Tatematsu has been a part of the OSU lineup for seven tournaments this year with a 72.00 scoring average in 19 rounds of work. She's finished in the top-20 six of those tournaments and inside the top-10 in three of them.
- Lianna Bailey has traveled with the Cowgirls to nine tournaments this season with an average score of 72.58 in 26 rounds. She's earned six top-20 finishes and was the 2022 Big 12 Championship's individual champion.
For more information on the Cowgirls, continue to check back with okstate.com.