The Oklahoma State Equestrian team will open its season Friday by competing against Baylor at the Willis Family Equestrian Center. The Cowgirls are ranked No. 4 in the NCEA rankings while Baylor is 1-0 on the season and is ranked eighth.
About the Cowgirls:
The Cowgirls (0-0) are led by 23rd-year head coach Larry Sanchez, third-year assistants Laura Brainard and Olivia Dorey, and graduate assistant Kaylyn Cole.
An Oklahoma State Win Would:
- Improve the Cowgirls’ all-time record against the Bears to 28-13.
- Give the Cowgirls their first win of the season.
- Start the Cowgirl’s season off with a 1-0 record in Big 12 play.
Who to Watch:
“I am really looking forward to starting the competition season as all four of our events have depth and experience this year,” head coach Larry Sanchez said. “This is a very talented group.”
- Molly Mitchell: The returning junior was 5-3-1 last season in Equation on the Reining.
- Last season, team captain Abigail Brayman was 5-4 in Equation over Fences 6-3 in Equation on the Flat.
- Sydnie Ziegler returns for her final year after going 6-3 in Fences last season.
- JoJo Roberson enters the season after going 6-2-1 last year in Horsemanship and 1-3 in Reining.
- All-American Emma Pacyna enters her junior season following a 4-3 record in 2020-21.
- Team captain Katie Pelzel looks to have another solid season after going 6-3 last year in Flat.